Last updated: September 27, 2019
Loci Amica and our affiliates and subsidiaries (“us” and “we“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes how we collect, use, disclose and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (“you“), describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://lociamica.com (the “Website“) or our mobile application (the “App“) (collectively, the “Website/App“) and our practices for collecting using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive and used for limited purposes.
How is “personal information” defined?
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party through any application or content that may link to or be accessible through the Website/App.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use the Website/App. By accessing or using the Website/App, you indicate that you understand, accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect and use several types of information from and about you including:
- your name, email address, mailing address, and home address;
- your organization’s name and address (if applicable);
- your age, date of birth, and language preferences;
- your telephone number, Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet or other similar identifiers;
- passport number, national identification number, or drivers’ license number, your bank account number, credit card particulars, and your pay-pal account number;
- you geographical location;
- photographs of you and other photographs you wish to upload in connection with your Loci Amica account;
- non-personal information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information or statistical or aggregated information;
- technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website/App, and usage details;
- non-personal details about your Website/App interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website/App (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- your social profile information for social media platforms (“Social Media Platforms“) you choose to connect to the Website/App (for example, your Facebook profile information which includes your Facebook username and profile image, and your Instagram profile information which includes your Instagram handle and your Instagram content posted to your account;
- any content that you may send or receive through Social Media Platforms
You will also be required to create a password in connection with the registration of your Loci Amica account. Once you register, you will be able to review and edit your information at any time by accessing your profile page. You control your user profile and are able to correct or update your account information at any time.
The following information you provide will be visible to the public on your profile page:
- first name;
- last name;
- profile photo;
- school you attended or currently attend;
- languages you speak; and
- profile user name/accounts/handles on Social Media Platforms
4. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND ABOUT OUR SERVICES
Information you post and information you disclose to other users
We recommend that you think carefully about the information you disclose about yourself on your public profile while using the Website/App. We also do not recommend that you publicize email addresses, URLs, instant messaging details, phone numbers, full names or addresses, credit card details, national identity numbers, drivers’ license details and other sensitive information on your public profile which is open to abuse and misuse by third parties.
Please remember that photographs that you post on the Website/App may reveal information about yourself as well. Where you do upload and choose to tell other users sensitive information about yourself (including through the messaging function) you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your information and making such information public to other users.
When you post information about yourself or use the messaging function, the amount of personal information you share is at your own risk. Please see below for more information on who can access what you post on the Website/App. If you post anything that is inconsistent with or violates the Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right to terminate your account.
For safety and security, to ensure you have the best possible user experience, we require users to verify their accounts and may ask you for your phone number for such verification purposes and to prevent ‘robots’ and fake accounts which can be used for malicious activities and cyber-crime.
Finally, we want to keep in touch with you to make sure you know about any updates or offers we have available. By using our services through the Website/App you are consenting that we may use your email address and phone number you provide to us to send you information related to such updates and offer. You can withdraw this consent at any time by visiting your account settings in the Website/App or by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Geological information through GPS location services on your mobile device
If you turn GPS and Geo-location service features on, when you use your mobile device, we will collect information about WIFI access points as well as other location information about your longitude and latitude and may save your device’s coordinates to offer certain features to you. This information helps us identify your physical location and we may use it to personalize the Website/App and make it easier for you to interact with other users, by enabling the information to be displayed and shared with other members choosing to view posts that are in a certain geographical range.
If you have enabled location services, but wish to turn it off, you can do so by the following methods:
1. iPhone – settings, privacy, location services, Loci Amica
2. Android – profile, privacy, off
If you are having trouble turning off your location services, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
5. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by creating your account, filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise; and
- automated technologies or interactions as you navigate through our Website/App (such information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies);
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website/App may include:
- information that you provide by creating an account, filling in forms on the Website/App, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Website/App, subscribing to our services, and/or requesting further services or entering into promotional contests, as applicable;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website/App and of the fulfillment of your orders, if applicable; and
- your search queries on the Website/App.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We use tracking technologies or other automatic data collection technologies (“cookies“) to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns including:
- details of your visits to our Website/App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you can access and use on the Website/App; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Cookies are small text files placed on your device when you visit a website in order to track use of the site to improve your user experience. You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do, however, some areas of the Website/App may not function adequately.
We use several third party vendors to collect and track information about you and your usage of the Website/App, and to help deliver ads for relevant products and services to you when you visit certain pages on the Website/App and when you visit certain third-party sites. We may share with third party ad partners tracking information to help us measure and tailor ads and services provided to you.
Google Analytics for Firebase will collect the following information from the Website/App:
- number of users and sessions;
- session durations;
- operating systems;
- device model;
- first launches;
- app opens;
- app updates; and
- in-app purchases
For more information on how Google Analytics uses data, please visit this website: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
To learn more about privacy at Google and to opt out of this feature by installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add On, please click the following link: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/.
For further certainty, Facebook will collect the following information:
- Explicit events: information from events that the advertiser explicitly configures their application to send, such as “AddtoCart” or “logPurchase”, along with additional parameters provided.
- Implicit events: information from events that are logged implicitly if the advertiser chooses to make use of other features of the Facebook SDK, such as integration with a Facebook Login or the “Like” button.
- Automatically logged events: basic interactions in the Website/App (including without limitation, app installs and app launches), system events (SDK loading and SDK performance) that are collected automatically.
- Facebook App ID: a unique identifier provided by Facebook to reference the advertiser’s web site and mobile app.
- Mobile Advertiser ID: the iOS IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Metadata from the Request: the mobile OS type and version, the SDK version, app name, app version, the device opt-out setting, the user agent string and the client IP address. It also collects the following device related metrics: time zone, device OS, device model, carrier, screen size, processor cores, total disk space, remaining disk space.
We also use remarketing, re-engagement or similar audiences tools which allow us and/or third party vendors to reach users that have previously visited our Website/App. Google and other similar third parties will show ads across websites that you use as a result of our remarketing tools. Such ads are shown across other websites and are based on your past visits to this Website/App by using cookies. You can opt out of remarketing by visiting Googles’ Ads Settings page (http://www.google.com/settings/Ads Settings page ).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us improve our Website/App and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website/App according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- inform potential buyers with respect to their purchasing decisions by providing customized insightful services;
- recognize you when you return to our Website/App.
Third Party Cookies
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
6. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The information provided by you will be stored through our servers located in Canada.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website/App and its contents to you;
- to provide you full access to the Website/App and the services offered to you through the Website/App;
- to fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
- to notify you about changes to the Website/App or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- in any other way we may described when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, contractors, and agents;
- in accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of assets or shares;
- to third parties to market their products and services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent; and
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any governmental or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To provide services to you
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with this Website/App improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
To successor entities
Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Professional Advisors
We may need to disclose information about you where we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law or regulation, or if we are otherwise legally required to do so, such as in response to a court order or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands.
In addition, we may be required to disclose information about you if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action: (a) against illegal activities, fraud, situations involving potential threats to our rights or property (or to the rights or property of those who use our services), or to protect the personal safety of any person; or (b) regarding situations that involve the security of our services, abuse of the infrastructure of the Website/App, or the Internet in general (such as spamming, or denial of service attacks).
8. DATA SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure services.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website/App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we do not guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website/App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website/App.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as required to provide the services on the Website/App to you, for record keeping purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the Terms and Conditions. For further certainty:
- we will retain your personal information for as long as necessary where there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute regarding your account and where such information is needed for the purposes of settling or resolving such issue, claim or dispute; or
- we will retain your personal information for as long as necessary for legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention or enhancing other users’ safety and security. For example, certain information may need to be retained to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behaviour or security incidents from opening a new account.
Further, and for certainty, if you delete your account, we will retain your personal information for a period of one year after the date of termination of your account.
9. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 19
Our Website/App is not intended for any individual under 19 years of age. No one under the age of 19 may provide any personal information to or on the Website/App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 19. If you are under 19, do not use or provide any information on this Website/App or on or through any of its features/register on the Website/App, make any purchases through the Website/App, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website/App, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received any personal information from an individual under 19 we will delete that information. If you believe we may have any information from or about an individual under 19, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. WITHDRAWING CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at the contact information provided below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION
Attention: Privacy Officer