Wufeng Lin family was one of the five most powerful and influential family in Taiwan history. Read on to learn about the fascinating history inside the Wufeng Lin Family mansion.
Wufeng Linjia is one of the five major families in Taiwan, and it was named after it was found in Wufeng (formerly known as Abu Ma, this is the Wufeng District of Taichung City, Taiwan). Since the mid-19th century, Lin Jia has helped to calm down the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom and Dai Chaochun events and participate in the Sino-French war. He has thousands of excellent soldiers and privilege, and he has control over a large number of fields in China and Taiwan. One of the most influential families in society. During the Japanese period, Wufeng Linjia was listed as “the top five families in Taiwan” with Keelung Yanjia, Banqiao Linjia, Lugang Yijia and Kaohsiung Chenjia.
Wufeng Lin’s ancestral home–Puping Village, Wuzhai Township, Pinghe County, Luzhou, Gansu Province. In the eleventh year of Qianlong (1746), the ancestral stone crossing platform was opened. It has been developed for decades, but because of Lin Shuangwen incident (Qianlong 52 years, 1787) Implicated in jail and died. After (the fifty-three years of Emperor Qianlong, 1788), under the leadership of his son Lin Xun’s widow, Huang Duanniang, the third generation of Lin Jiaxuan moved from the original Dali (now Dali District) to the Abu Fog (now Wufeng District), re-opening life and again Rich and prosperous.
It is said that the Wufenglin family refers to the descendants of Lin Dingbang and Lin Jianguo. The descendants of Lin Dingbang are called “squatting”, and the descendants of Lin Dianguo are “tops.” In the early stage of the development of Lin family, the influence of Lin Wencha, Lin Wenming, Lin Chaodong and Lin Zu Mi’s military power was exerted. In the later period, Lin Wenqin, Lin Xiantang and his cousins stood out from the top, and they were good at doing business and supporting art. Social movement is famous.
Wufeng Lin Family Mansion
The National Historic Site – Wufeng Linjia Homestead is the general name for the gardens and mansions of the Wufeng Linjia in the A-Fog area. The fog and forestry buildings have a range of monuments: including the lower jaw system, the top system and the Laiyuan. The open area of the Wufeng Linjiagong Baodi Park is the three building communities of Gongbaodi, Dahua Hall and the reconstructed grasshoppers.
『宮保第』”Kung Pao Di” – one of the buildings of the Xiafeng Linjia Homestead, was built by Lin Wencha (1828-1864) in Xianfeng eight years (1858), the third existing and left and right inner and outer guards, until its leading platform Yong went to Zhangzhou to attack the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom and smashed it to Wansongguan. In the third year of Tongzhi (1864), he was chased and sealed [Prince Taibao], and he was called Gongbaodi. The overall space of the building was symmetrical, which was the pattern of five into eleven. The first and second entrance halls were built by Lin Chaodong in the 9th year of Tongzhi (1870) to the 9th year of Guangxu (1883), while the fourth and fifth entrances were also added afterwards, in the 21st year of Guangxu ( 1895) Completed before the Mayday cut. “Kung Pao Di” is the only official residence in the Qing Dynasty.
『大花廳』”Dahua Hall” – one of the buildings under the Wufeng Linjia Homestead, the five-opening and three-fall pattern, the Fuzhou-style stage and the characteristic shed, the only one in Taiwan, because the octagonal algae is carved with the king of flowers – Peony It has a rich posture and a rich posture. It is in full bloom in the position of the top of the heart, and it has the meaning of flowers and wealth, hence the name “Big Flower Hall”. In the 16th year of Guangxu (1890), the 20th year of Guangxu (1894) was completed. When Lin Chaodong was appointed as the director of the Fushun Bureau, it was built for the needs of military conferences and public banquets. It was also the space for the banquet and the theater. There are also exclusive troupes, like today’s “hospitals” and “private opera houses”, which symbolize the peak period of the Wufeng Lin family.
『草厝』”Grasshopper” – one of the Xiafeng Linjiazhai Xiafang buildings, the Wufeng Linjia family started, the grasshopper building is a courtyard house consisting of a body and a dragon guard, and there is a barn and a gatehouse, and there is a large garden space outside. It was built in the 17th year of Daoguang (1837) and is an important living space in the early days of Wufeng Linjia. It symbolizes the beginning of the blue-and-white stage of Linjiatun Road. It was destroyed in the early days of Japan. After many investigations and comparisons of old photos, and the computer simulation and restoration of relevant positions, the way of repair was determined, and the 1930 photos will be used as the restoration basis. It was restored by the original method and materials. It was originally used as the body of the “Gongma Hall”. It will be covered with thatched roofs during the restoration. It is a rare way to repair the monuments. The restoration is expected to be completed and opened in 2019.
To see Wufeng Lin Family mansion, book our Taichung to Wufeng Lin Family Residence & Garden Tour and learn more about it’s fascinating history.